BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) — KGET is teaming up with Adventist Health and Edible Schoolyard Kern County every Wednesday on 17 News at Sunrise to bring you healthy recipes that will get your family eating around the table again.
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 6 bunches dark leafy greens (chard, kale, bok choy, spinach), stems removed, leaves torn into bite size pieces
- 5 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- *Whole Grain of your choosing
- First, heat olive oil in a wok over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and sauté until you hear a sizzle.
- Second, add in greens and sauté until leafy greens are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Third, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar. Pour over the greens, stir, and cook for 1 minutes.
- Fourth, serve greens over a whole grain and enjoy!