BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) — The tropical storm thundering through Kern County has prompted officials to close many roads in the county.
Eastbound traffic lanes of Highway 58 at the Cameron Road overpass are open, according to a tweet from Caltrans District 9.
Vehicles heading eastbound on Highway 58 will no longer need to take a detour, Caltrans said. A detour is still needed for westbound traffic as maintenance workers continue to clear westbound traffic lanes.
Keep checking this list for roads that may be affected by heavy rain:
- Redrock Randsburg Road is closed from Highway 14 to State Route 395 due to flooding and debris in the roadway.
- Oak Creek Road is cut off from Tehachapi Willowsprings Road to Koch Street because of major flooding.
- Sand Canyon Road is shut down from Highway 58 to Tehachapi Willowsprings Road due to flooding.
- Copus Road is closed from Old River Road to Basic School Road due to flooding in the area.
- Highway 58 eastbound has re-opened between Towerline Road and Exit 165. Vehicles will briefly detour off the road at Cameron overpass before returning to the highway, according to Caltrans Dist. 6.
- Tehachapi Boulevard is closed east of Tehachapi Willow Springs due to flooding in the roadway.
- South Kelso Valley Road has been shut down in the area of Birch Springs Pass Road due to roads being flooded in the area.
- State Route 190 has been closed due to hazardous road conditions.
- Bena Road has been closed between Edison Highway and Towerline Road. Flooding has greatly affected the roadways in the area.
- Westbound 30th Street from Holiday Avenue to Janine Avenue is closed due to flooding.
- Kecks Road to Highway 46 is closed due to road construction.
- Barker Road is closed from Twisselman Road to Highway 33 due to road construction.
- Jacks Ranch Road is closed from Highway 178 to Las Flores Avenue due to flooding.
- Reed Road is closed from Cecil Avenue to County Line Road due to flooding.
- Mountain View Road is closed from Comanche Drive to Vineland Road due to flooding.
- Panama Road is closed from Habecker Road to Comanche Drive due to flooding.
- Tejon Highway is closed from Mountain View Road to Panama Road due to flooding.
- Malaga Road is closed from Di Giorgio Road to Panama Lane due to flooding.
- Edison Road is closed from Di Giorgio Road to Panama Lane due to flooding.
- Vineland Road is closed from Di Giorgio Road to Panama Road due to flooding.
- Poplar Avenue is closed at Kimberlina Road due to flooding.
- Highway 58 westbound is now open from Randsburg Cutoff Road to Cameron Canyon Road after flooding.
Check back for updates regarding road closures.