Local psychologist discusses issues brought up about social media in the Netflix documentary, ‘The Social Dilemma’
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) – Dr. Corey Gonzales, a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, joined 17 News at Sunrise to discuss the impact social media can have on mental health.
Dr. Gonzales discussed how the Netflix documentary, ‘The Social Dilemma,’ is bringing light to the way data has been crafted and harvested to pull people back into social media, making it very addictive.
To control the impact social media has, Dr. Gonzales offered the following tips:
- Turn off social media notifications
- Fact check before sharing things
- Do not let children have social media until they are in high school
- Budget an amount of time to let children use social media
- Do not allow social media a half hour before bedtime