BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) – Andrea Woroch, Money-Saving Expert, joined 17 News at Sunrise to share tips when shopping on Amazon Prime Day.
Know what to buy
Not everything is on sale. Some great deals available are for Amazon products include Echo, Fire TV, Kindle, and Amazon Home Basics. Some deals Woroch recommends are the following:
- 50% off Echo Show 5 — Smart display with Alexa –features video calling
- 28% off Apple AirPods with Charging Case
- 47% off Fire HD 10 inch tablet or get the 7 inch Fire Tablet for just $49
- 38% off iRobot Roomba 692 Robot Vacuum
- 38% off Kindle Paperweight
Beware of the hype
Although the day includes deals but it may not be the best day to shop for what you are looking for. Woroch recommends using a price comparison tool like Popcart or visiting CamelCamelCamel.com to check price histories of products sold at Amazon.
Be aware of impulse buys as big deals can lead to unnecessary purchases. Keep in mind what you need around your home, kids virtual learning accessories, upcoming celebrations, and tech items.
Woroch says other retailers such as Target and Nordstrom are also having sales during this time.