Studio 17’s Ilyana Capellan asks Dr. Niranjan Dass for advice on how to slow the spread of the latest COVID-19 variant; medical advisors predict a jump in COVID-19 after the holiday season.
“This new variant spreads more than the Delta variant; the Delta doubles in 11 days while the Omicron variant doubles in 2 days,” says Dr. Dass. He explains that the new variant has even infected those who are vaccinated and urges everyone to take full precautions. These safety tips include:
- Get vaccinated and get the booster shot
- Wear masks indoors in group settings
- Get tested regularly for COVID-19
- Socially distance when possible
- Practice good hygiene and hand washing
To learn more about slowing the spread of COVID-19 and how you can book a vaccination appointment, call 661-631-2229 or click here.