The Oakland Raiders are now in the bye week and getting some much-needed time off to reflect on the first six weeks of the year.
At 1-5, the Silver and Black are last in the AFC West with their lone victory coming in overtime at home against the Cleveland Browns.
Derek Carr’s eight interceptions are highest in the league and the defense ranks near the bottom of the standings.
Jon Gruden said Tuesday morning that he understands the team is facing a high degree of criticism and dismissed any theories that the team is losing on purpose to obtain a high draft pick.
“I hear the hatred out there, some of the rumors that we are tanking it to get a first round pick or a higher pick,” Gruden said. “We are not getting up at 4 o’clock in the morning to tank it. Ain’t nobody tanking it. I don’t know who wrote that or who said that or who thinks that, but that isn’t the case here. We are going to continue to work hard, continue to build our team and that was part of the message.”
The Raiders are back in action October 28 against the Indianapolis Colts at the Oakland Coliseum.
- UBER, LYFT BLAMED FOR TRAFFIC IN SAN FRANCISCO
- VIDEO: GEORGE LOPEZ FIGHTS TRUMP SUPPORTER AT HOOTERS
- CANADA TO BECOME LARGEST COUNTRY WITH LEGAL MARIJUANA
- SHERIFF: BABY STABBED, PUT IN OVEN, THEN BAKED BEFORE DEATH
- OPIOID 500X MORE POWERFUL THAN MORPHINE COULD HIT MARKET