OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) — The Oakland Raiders were unable to put a stop to Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs offense on Sunday, resulting in a 28-10 loss at the Oakland Coliseum.
What seemed like a good day for the Raiders after an explosive start, didn’t end well.
The silver and black put up their only points of the game in the first quarter.
But Kansas City quickly responded.
Mahomes was unstoppable in the first half.
In the first quarter, he went 6 of 9 for only 35 yards.
But the reigning NFL MVP finished with 278 yards and four touchdowns in the second quarter alone.
“I tip my hat to him,” Head Coach Jon Gruden said referring to Mahomes in a press conference following the game. “We gotta do a better job next time.”
Following a scoreless second half, the game ended with a final score of 28-10.
Oakland will look to bounce back for week three as they hit the road to face the Minnesota Vikings on Sept. 22.
- Sports Friday BCHS Sendoff for State Football Title Game up North, Boys Hoops BCHS vs BHS, Condors Lose 6-5 in OT, NBA Lakers and Clippers both win on the road.
- Christmas in the Neighborhood brings holiday spirit to East Bakersfield families
- Dustin’s Diner opens for the Christmas season
- Mission at Kern County breaks ground on 40-bed expansion
- ‘The Nutcracker’ returns for weekend performances at Mechanics Bank Arena