ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press that the Denver Broncos have traded veteran wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders to the San Francisco 49ers.
The person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the teams hadn’t announced the trade, confirmed the Broncos sent a fifth-round pick in next year’s draft along with Sanders to the 49ers for third- and fourth-round picks in 2020.
Sanders caught 30 passes for 367 yards and two touchdowns this season as he made a successful comeback from a torn left Achilles tendon and tight-rope surgery on his right ankle.
The Broncos (2-5) became sellers ahead of the league’s trade deadline for the second straight season after their 30-6 blowout loss to the Kansas City Chiefs last week. Last year, the Broncos traded veteran receiver Demaryius Thomas to the Texans.
Latest News Headlines:
- Scrap metal burns in recycling center fire in East Bakersfield
- Customers, employees becoming more concerned about recent armed robberies at convenience stores
- Pop Kern: Snow much fun at Alta Sierra
- Pacifica Senior Living hosts annual Cinnamon Roll Drive on Friday
- 4th grader from Gilroy helps light Capitol Christmas tree in Sacramento