SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KRON) — The San Francisco 49ers were able to escape week 3 with a win following a series of turnovers against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The red and gold advance to 3-0 in their home opener after a 24-20 victory on Sunday at Levi’s Stadium.
After a rough first half filled with four turnovers including two interceptions and two red zone fumbles, the Niners kept their heads held high.
The win marks San Francisco’s first 3-0 start since 1998.
- Stimulus checks: GOP, Democrats agree to restart relief talks
- Hispanic Heritage: Family band takes music to Facebook Live amid pandemic
- Breonna Taylor protest turns violent after clash with counter protesters, police intervene
- Dashboard camera shows head-on collision on Highway 178
- 100 Mexican firefighters arrive in CA to help fight Sequoia Complex fire