(CNN) — Cellphone cases are designed to set your phone apart, but a new prototype is designed to feel like human skin.
The project is a team effort by researchers from France and England. It uses silicone to mimic the feel of skin and sensors to ‘feel’ your touch.
The case can detect and differentiate tickling, pinching, and caressing.
The skin can even send signals to the phone, which can then respond with emojis.
The developers say the device aims to explore the intersection between man and machine.
The project is in beginning stages and not available for sale yet. Thankfully.
- Potomac Avenue shooting wounds one person
- Raiders gear up for Sunday despite COVID-19 setbacks
- Bakersfield Police Department to host virtual community forums on police reforms
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- PG&E may shut off power to over 600 customers Sunday in Kern County because of winds, wildfire threat