SANTA CRUZ COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) – Authorities have arrested a man for stealing a Cal Fire firefighter’s wallet and using a credit card, according to the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office.
The suspect, identified as 37-year-old Brian Johnson, admitted to using the stolen credit card and wrote an apology to the firefighter.
Johnson has been arrested on four felony counts, including grand theft, credit card theft, forgery, and possession of the stolen property.
When officials located Johnson, they found the clothing he was wearing in the surveillance photos along with the items he purchased with the credit card.
The firefighter was battling the CZU Lightning Complex fires when the theft occurred.
- 826 nuevos casos de COVID-19 hoy lunes en el condado Kern
- Fuertes vientos y levantamiento de polvo en el pronóstico a partir de hoy en el condado Kern
- 2021 Inauguration Day schedule: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris take office Wednesday
- Kern County Public Health reports 826 new COVID-19 cases
- Residente de Bakersfield cumple 112 años de vida