SACRAMENTO (KGET) — Gov. Gavin Newsom announced today that counties that have been approved to accelerate further into Phase 2 can now open hair salons and barbershops.
Only counties such as Kern County that the state has granted local variance to can currently move forward in allowing these shops to open.
According to the guidance, services must be limited to those that can be provided with both the worker and customer wearing face coverings for the entirety of the service. Services that cannot be performed with face coverings on both the worker and customer are those that require touching the customer’s face, such as eyelash services, eyebrow waxing and threading as well as facials.
According to the guidelines:
- Customers and employees should be screened upon arrival
- Workers and customers should wear face coverings
- Cleaning should be done at the beginning and end of each shift and between customers
- Appointments should be staggered to prevent reception congestion
- Wherever possible, maintain six feet distance and consider physical partitions
For the full guidelines, visit covid19.ca.gov.