Q. Absentee versus vote by mail ballots this year. Will absentee voters still receive their absentee ballot this year?
A. Since everyone is receiving a vote by mail ballot in the mail this year, the elections office says no absentee ballots are going to be sent out. The absentee ballot usually comes in a yellow envelope, and absentee voters are used to that. But this year – their ballot will look like everyone else’s and they wont be receiving that yellow envelope.
So don’t wait for that absentee ballot in the mail and don’t throw away the regular ballot you’ve received. That is the ballot you will use for this election, even if you’re an absentee voter.
Q. If someone threw away their ballot, where can they go to get a new one?
A. There are now eight satellite election offices open throughout kern county to help voters.
You can replace a lost, spoiled or thrown away ballot at any of those locations. You can also get help with conditional voter registration and language or accessibility issues.
Here are the dates, times and locations for those satellite offices:
- Tuesday Oct. 20 Noon – 6 p.m. Frazier Park Library
- Wednesday Oct. 21 Noon – 6 p.m. Wasco Library
- Thursday Oct. 22 Noon – 6 p.m. Arvin Library
- Friday Oct. 23 Noon — 6 p.m. Ridgecrest Library
- Tuesday Oct. 27 Noon – 6 p.m. Kern River Valley Library
- Wednesday Oct. 28 Noon – 6 p.m. Rosamond Library
- Thursday Oct. 29 Noon — 6 p.m. Delano Library
- Friday Oct. 30 Noon – 6 p.m. Ridgecrest Library
- The Election Office is also open by appointment only: Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm, October 26-29 from 5pm-7pm, October 31 from 8am-2pm, and November 3 from 7am-8pm
If you find any problems with your ballot or if you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com or call the station at 283-1717.