You can expect more traffic on Truxtun Avenue and highways 99 and 58 as lane closures continue.
The work on Truxtun Avenue is part of the plan to widen it from four to six lanes between Empire Drive and Elm Street.
Daytime closures from road work starts Monday, May 7 through Friday, May 11 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for the outside westbound lane from Myrtle to Oak streets. The westbound right turn lane to northbound Oak Street will be closed each day from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Nighttime closures are planned for westbound Truxtun Lane from Oak Street to the Highway 99 overpass between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. through Friday, May 18.
In addition to that, closures are happening on highways 99 and 58 between May 7 and May 11. These closures take place between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
Monday through Wednesday nights:
- The westbound Highway 58 Union Avenue on-ramp and off-ramp, and the two adjacent outside freeway lanes, will be closed for electrical work.
- The westbound Highway 58 Chester Avenue off-ramp will be closed for electrical work.
Wednesday and Thursday nights:
- Two outside lanes on eastbound Highway 58, between Real Road and Hughes Lane, will be closed for concrete placement.
- The eastbound Highway 58 H Street off-ramp will be closed construction.
- Two inside lanes on northbound and southbound State Route 99, between Ming Avenue and Wilson Road will be closed for sign and barrier rail construction.
You’re urged to drive with patience and remain alert for workers along the roadside.