Thursday, May 24
- Beale Memorial Library’s Memorial Celebration Veterans Resource Connect Event: The library will be hosting a Veterans Connect event through its Veterans Resource Center in remembrance of those who have served for our country. Join them for a guest speaker presentation featuring a WWII survivor of Iwo Jima, a craft and movie showing of Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption. The event is 3-7 p.m. Thursday, at Beale Memorial Library Auditorium located at 701 Truxtun Ave.
- Kern County Taxpayers Association Spring Conference and Donna Carpenter Memorial Golf Classic: Registration and lunch will take place at 11:00 a.m., with the Shotgun Start and Scramble Format beginning at 12:00 p.m. Join Kern County Taxpayers Association at the Bakersfield Country Club in celebrating their successes. To see the event schedule, participation opportunities, and ticket information, visit http://www.kerntaxpayers.org/event/kerntax-spring-conference-donna-carpenter-memorial-golf-tournament/.
Saturday, May 26
- Reminder: All public spray parks are open for the summer season starting May 26.
- Honor Flight Kern County’s ceremony honoring our fallen U.S. veterans and military. The event will feature guest speakers from the Veterans Affairs from Washington, DC; plus a high-ranking officer from Edwards Air Force Base, national anthem, Huey helicopter flyover, rifle salute, taps. The vent is Saturday from 9;00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. at Bakersfield National Cemetery located 30338 E. Bear Mountain Blvd. in Arvin.
- Bakersfield Rotary Club’s Thousand Flags Presentation: Over Memorial Day Weekend, the sparkling lake at The Park at River Walk will be surrounded by a sea of red, white and blue as 1,000 American flags are flown in tribute to all who have sacrificed – and continue to sacrifice – to make the United States the greatest country in the world. The event is Saturday through Monday at The Park at River Walk located at 11298 Stockdale Highway. For more info, visit thousandflags.org.
- Kern County Sons of the American Revolution: SAR will be in uniform passing out flags to customers, asking donations for Children’s Miracle Network Hospital from 10:00 a.m. until noon at the Costco on Rosedale Highway.
- Bakersfield SPCA’s ‘Pack the Pallet:’ Join SPCA for a donation drive benefiting the shelter’s animals. The event is at the 2601 Fashion Plaza Walmart, near East Hills Mall from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Click here for a wishlist.
Sunday, May 27
- Kern County Basque Club’s 46th annual Basque Festival: The picnic kicks off with Mass by Monsignor Craig Harrison, along with KCBC Klika and Choir. Lunch is form 12:00 p.m. until 2:00 p.m. is $25 for non-members. There will be traditional dancing, music and food and drinks served all day. The Kern County Basque Club is located at 2301 S. Union Ave.
- Kern County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce’s 20th Annual Latino Food Festival & Menudo Cookoff: Join the fiesta from 11:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. at the Kern County Museum. Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 at the door, kids under 5 years old are free. Kern County Museum is located at 3801 Chester Ave.
Monday, May 28
- Bakersfield Fox Theater’s screening of The Godfather: Widely regarded as one of the greatest films of all time, this mob drama, based on Mario Puzo’s novel of the same name, focuses on the powerful Italian-American crime family of Don Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando). Tickets are $5 and doors open at 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 2
- Luau Party at the Elks Lodge: Bring all your friends and family for a food buffet, games, cornhole, limbo, cake walk, and a DJ. The event will also have a best-dressed Hawaiian outfit contest. The event is from 3:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. at The Elks Lodge located at 1616 30th St. in Bakersfield. The event is $10 per adult and $5 for kids age 10 and under.
Want your event added to our list? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org