BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) — The seven craft breweries in Bakersfield and Kernville have united to start a coordinated beer release starting today to signify the importance of the Kern River to the community.
The breweries participating in the “Thirsty for a River” event will have a limited supply of “Bring Back the Kern” glassware that will be given away free with purchase of one of the new beers. More than 2,000 glasses will be given away, along with a limited supply of “Bring Back the Kern” stickers, according to a news release.
The following are the breweries and the beers that will be released:
- 2nd Phase Brewing — “Downtown River Float” Triple IPA
- Crusader Brewing — “Honey Hole” Honey Pale Ale
- Dionysus Brewing — “River Rope Swing” American Style Pilsner
- Great Change Brewing — “Lonely River” Red Ale
- Kern River Brewing — “Once a River” Double IPA
- Lengthwise Brewing — “Let it Flow” Hazy IPA
- Temblor Brewing — “Rivers Need Water” Session Hazy