Kern unemployment rate down 1.5 percent last month

Local News

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) — The unemployment rate in Kern County dipped 1.5 percent last month for a total of 10.6 percent, according to the state’s Employment Development Department. It marks a slight improvement from September’s 12.1 percent unemployment rate.

The October number compares to an unadjusted employment rate of 9 percent for California and 6.6 percent for the country during the same period, the EDD says.

Kern is still far above the October 2019 rate of 6.3 percent.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

More Local News