BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) — The Kern County Superintendent of Schools announced the 2021 Kern County Classified Employees of the Year today.
In March, KCSOS said Kern County school districts nominated exemplary classified employees in eight categories designated by the California Department of Education. The categories are: Technical Services, Transportation Services, Food and Nutrition Services, Health and Student Services, Skilled Trades, Clerical and Administrative Services, Paraprofessional, and Custodial and Maintenance Services.
A panel of judges from KCSOS selected an honoree in each category to be considered for the State Classified Employees of the Year, which will be chosen later this year.
This year’s honorees are:
- Tyler Juengst: Technology Technician I, Standard School District, Technical Services
- Darla Hylton: School Bus Driver, Panama-Buena Vista Union School District, Transportation Services
- Michelle Arriola: Cook Norris School District, Food and Nutrition Services
- Deborah Bega: Yard Aide, Panama-Buena Vista Union School District, Health and Student Services
- Clayton Taylor: Maintenance Specialist II, Norris School District, Skilled Trades
- Maria Arevalo: Receptionist/Switchboard, Bakersfield City School District, Clerical and Administrative Services
- Diana Cota: Instructional Aide-Special Education, Taft Union High School, Paraprofessional
- April Howard: Custodian, Panama-Buena Vista Union School District, Custodial and Maintenance Services