As the temperatures rise, more people are going to head to pools and lakes to cool down and it’s important to stay safe.
Here are some safety tips to remember:
- Remember to always have someone watching children as they play in or near the water.
- Always keep a phone and first aid kit near the pool just in case of an emergency.
- Parents should also try to learn CPR should their child need it.
- Keep in mind, if a child is drowning, you might not hear them splashing around in the water.
- Most drownings occur when a child slips under the water, so be sure to look below the surface of the water as children swim to spot signs of trouble.