BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) — The Bakersfield Fire Department and Kern County Fire Department responded to a structure fire on Jewetta Avenue near Palm Avenue.
Firefighters said the family woke up to a fire alarm going off and the smell of smoke. They were able to safely get out.
A couple dozen firefighters arrived and knocked down the blaze, keeping it confined to the living room and attic. Firefighters said faulty electrical wiring started the fire.
The family will be displaced “for some time,” firefighters said.