Jasmin LoBasso from Kern County Library visited us on Sunrise to talk about the annual Summer Reading Challenge.
The Kern County Library is encouraging youth to read during summer, instilling a love of recreational reading and curbing summer learning loss.
How to Participate in the Summer Reading Challenge:
- First, pick up a Reading Log in person at your local Kern County Library branch.
- CHILDREN Read 10 books, magazines, graphic novels, audiobooks, or eBooks. Record your titles in the Reading Log & have a parent sign it.
- TWEENS & TEENS Read for 10 hours or read 10 books, magazines, audiobooks, or eBooks. Record your titles in the Reading Log & have a parent sign it.
- ADULTS Motivate yourself to read more books this Summer by setting a reading goal. We suggest a goal of at least 5 books! Track & rate the books you want to read or are reading. Once completed, return your log by Tuesday, July 31, 2018.
- You will receive a FREE book, provided by the Friends of the Kern County Library, Inc. & receive additional goodies, while supplies last.
For more information, visit: https://www.kerncountylibrary.org/src/