Maddie’s Patriotic Pastries
8 oz. Cream Cheese
Sugar (to taste)
Berries of your choice
Score puff pastry around the edges to make a crust, prick center with a fork; bake according to package directions.
Beat cream cheese, 1 tbsp lime juice and a few tbsps sugar to taste.
Once pastry is cooked, spread cream cheese mixture in middle; dollop on and put back in oven (while it’s off,) for a few seconds to a minute to soften before spreading.
Top with sliced strawberries and blueberries.
Raquel’s Fourth Bars
3 tablespoons butter
1 package (10 oz., about 40) Marshmallows
— OR —
4 cups Miniature Marshmallows
6 cups Crispy Rice cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
16 oz. package of saltine crackers
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
4 Tbsp. (about 2 packages) ranch dressing mix
3 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
2 cups olive oil
1. Using a large gallon Ziploc bag, pour in the olive oil, seasonings, and spices. Close the bag and knead to thoroughly mix the ingredients together.
2. Place all 4 sleeves of crackers in the bag, re-seal, and gently turn the bag over several times to coat the crackers with the spice mixture. The more times you do, this the better the coating.
3. Let the bag sit overnight.
4. Remove crackers and lay out on a baking sheet. Bake at 250°F for about 15 minutes.
Kevin’s Jalapeno Poppers
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
12 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds and membranes removed
12 slices bacon
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Mix cream cheese and Cheddar cheese together in a bowl until evenly blended. Fill each jalapeno half with the cheese mixture. Put halves back together and wrap each stuffed pepper with a slice of bacon. Arrange bacon-wrapped peppers on the grill. Cook until bacon is done and cheese is melted.
Chloe’s BBQ Bacon
2 lbs Thick-cut Bacon
Marinade bacon for 20-30 minutes. Grill strips on opposite side of hot coals. 10 minutes each side. Optional: Serve in flour tortilla.
Tabatha’s Grilled Pineapple
Layer honey on top of pineapple slices. Sprinkle with salt. Grill 5 minutes each side.