Fire in Oildale residence mostly contained to bathroom

News
468G2524_01.MP4_00.04.18.26_1554164004069.png

A fire at an Oildale residence Monday was contained almost entirely to a bathroom and no injuries were reported, according to Kern County firefighters.

The blaze was reported at 12:47 p.m. in the 500 block of Charlana Drive, firefighters said. Arriving crews saw smoke billowing from the front door and attic vents.

Sheriff’s deputies told firefighters the residence had been evacuated, and crews managed to knock down the blaze in fewer than four minutes. Damage is estimated at $55,000.

Firefighters said damage to the home was “greatly reduced” due to the bathroom door being closed.

“When rooms are not being used or when evacuating during emergencies close the door behind you to reduce the spread of fire,” firefighters said in a news release.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

More Local News