MONROE, La. — A baby bear has been spotted in North Monroe and officials are asking residents to not engage with the bear.
According to a Tweet from the City of Monroe, the bear was spotted in the Valencia & Edgewood Streets area of north Monroe on Friday morning.
The Monroe Police Department and State Wildlife & Fisheries are working to capture the bear.
Officials are asking residents to not try to engage or capture the bear.
Footage sent in by a viewer, shown above, shows the bear cub come within a few feet of a local child on Friday morning. It appears that both the bear cub and the child spooked each other, causing the cub to flee the scene.
- Police search for man suspected of shooting his ex-girlfriend’s brother with a crossbow
- Fireworks light up the Bakersfield night on the Fourth of July
- UPDATE: Police release image of suspicious vehicle spotted around time of 13-year-old girl’s disappearance
- Large crowds turn out for a ‘normal’ Fourth of July outing at San Diego’s Pacific Beach
- Kern County In Depth: County’s budget woes