Campout Against Cancer kicks off Friday at Kaiser Permanente Sports Village.
Campout Against Cancer honors survivors, remembers loved ones who have lost the battle, and raises money to improve the quality of life for cancer patients and their families.
All of the proceeds stay local and assists with medical costs associated with cancer care, i.e. prescriptions, insurance premiums, Cobra, deductibles, co-pays and co-insurance.
The Opening Ceremony is Friday at 5:15 p.m. at the Kaiser Permanente Sports Complex located at 9001 Ashe Road.
- Survivor ceremony at 9:00 a.m.
- Team Challenges & Cornhole Tournament 9:30 a.m.
- Bocce Ball Tournament-$20 per person
- Cornhole Tournament-$20 per person
- Flower arrangement workshop with Flourishing Art-$20 per person
- Cancer Screenings 10 a.m.-2 p.m. (Appointments recommended. Call 661-616-1661)
Families are encouraged to attend the festivities and visit the carnival for a train ride, ferris wheel, rides and more. A 2-day entry wristband is $25 per person.
To find out more about how local patients can benefit from the funds raised at Campout please visit www.kerncountycancerfund.org.