The Bakersfield Fire Department is hosting a voluntary illegal fireworks drop-off event at city fire stations today.
The fire department said the drop-off event is “no-questions-asked” until 5 p.m. You can drop off any fireworks that are deemed illegal with the city limits. You can also drop off any other type of fireworks too.
Fire officials said the purpose of the event is to allow people the chance to get rid of any illegal fireworks and avoid a $1,000 fine.
Fireworks are accepted but the fire department said it is not accepting the following items.
- Military ordnance
- Explosives as defined by H & S code 12000
- Blasting caps
- Explosive precursor chemicals
- Loose pyrotechnic powder
- Black powder, smokeless powder
- Improvised explosive devices (IED)
- Homemade fireworks
- Emergency signaling devices
- Road flares
- Other Hazardous Materials