Rachel Rivera with Bakersfield Police Department joined Sunrise to talk about an issue that has become more and more common in our schools: bullying.
BPD has a special program for teens and parents with resources and tips on what to do if your child is being bullied in school or online.
Rivera shared a list of tips for parents when their child is being bullied.
- Keep open lines of communication with your child
- Recognize that you set the ultimate example for your child
- Learn your child’s school’s policies about bullying
- Monitor your child’s cell phone/social media activity
- Limit your child’s access to their cell phone if it’s becoming a problem, or if necessary, take the phone/technology away
- Never assume that your child is “too good” or would “never do ____”. Even great kids make poor choices sometimes.
If parents or teens want more information, call BPD at 326-3022 or visit bakersfieldpd.us