GEORGIA (WFLA) — A convicted rapist is on the run after being released from prison by mistake.
Tony Maycon Munoz-Mendez was released on accident from Rogers State Prison in Reidsville, Georgia on Oct. 25 around 11:30 a.m.
Munoz-Mendez was serving time after being convicted of rape and aggravated child molestation charges in Gwinnett County.
He began serving a life sentence in April 2015.
Anyone who sees Munoz-Mendez is urged not to approach him, but instead call 911 immediately.
- Kern County Public Health reports 3 new COVID-19 deaths, 65 cases
- Fresno State president, Kings County native Joseph Castro selected as next CSU chancellor
- Kentucky AG to announce results today in Breonna Taylor shooting death probe
- Pregnant woman pulls husband to safety after shark attack in Florida Keys
- Wrestling legend ‘Road Warrior Animal’ dies at 60