NEW YORK (WFLA) — Among the 301 graduates into the New York City Fire Department Tuesday, 13 of them are children of firefighters killed on Sept. 11, according to KTVI.
“Every day that I came to the academy, I was grateful to be there and to follow in the footsteps of my father, brothers, uncle, and all those who came before. This is exactly where I want to be,” said Probationary Firefighter Rebecca Asaro.
Asaro’s father, Carl Asaro, was one of the 343 FDNY members killed on Sept. 11.
For photos of the graduation ceremony, click here.
- Sizzling deals abound for National Cheeseburger Day
- Organization rescues animals of all sizes from wildfires raging across the West
- Michelob Ultra looking to pay ‘chief exploration officer’ $50K to visit national parks
- Native American ancestral remains, artifacts returned to U.S. soil
- Alsop expresses additional frustration with state over reopening guidelines