A radio ad has generated a lot of negative feedback for a local car dealership.
Rick Kieffe, owner of Kieffe and Sons Ford, said he doesn't regret running the ad, which aired on radio stations in eastern Kern County and the Antelope Valley, but he does apologize for offending anyone.
The ad said, "Did you know that 86 percent of Americans say they believe in God? Now since we know that 86 out of every hundred of us Christians believe in God, we at Kieffe and Sons Ford wonder why we don't just tell the other 14 percent to sit down and shut up. I guess maybe I just offended 14-percent of the people who are listening to this message. Well if that's the case then I say that's tough, this is America folks. It's called free speech and none of us at Kieffe and Sons Ford are afraid to speak out. Kieffe and Sons Ford on the Sierra Highway, Mojave, Rosamond. If we don't see you today, by the grace of God we'll be here tomorrow."
Rick Kieffe said, "I do not regret it, it's simply how we feel. We feel that one child shouldn't keep the other 29 children in class from saying the pledge of allegiance. We feel it should say, In God We Trust should be on the money, and there's these things where the majority feels one way but a smaller group tells them to sit down and shut up and that's where the unfortunate language came into this ad. The sit down and shut up part kind of got by me."
What's your opinion on the ad? Tell us what you think by voting on our home page at kget.com.